Sunday, February 7, 2021

Reflections and Combinations

 The next two pieces I am featuring were both made in 2017, exploring the tracks series further. Both of these pieces were constructed to meet a theme. Reflections was originally made to be an entry in the Mt Perry Art Gallery acquisitive competition with the theme Reflections of Mt Perry. I was verbally told about it and when the brochure came out, it did not include textile art, so it could not be entered. This is an abstract view around Mingo Crossing at Paradise Dam between Gayndah and Mt Perry. I used to spend a few hours there kayaking on the water as the dam filled up after its construction. Sadly the government of the day has seen fit to lower the wall ( due to their concern about some safety aspects of the existing wall) so the levels seen at Mingo then, may not be repeated, so I probably will not be kayaking there again. The floods in 2013 went over the bridge at Mingo and we were told that would never happen, so who knows what the future can bring.

Technically speaking this is a 1 way flip with both sets close together to create movement.



I made Combinations prior to Reflections in 2017, for our Tangled Threads group exhibit in 2017. It had to be a specific measurement of 1.5m x 0.5m. Combinations was the theme selected and for once the theme did not make me have to draw a long string to it. I really like this piece, looks wonderful hanging in my house with the high ceilings.

Technically it is a 2 way flip, straight and close together to create the straight line of peaks.


No comments: