Thursday, December 21, 2017

New Project and Half Finished Ones

What a title!, as if I haven't enough to do, I have seriously been considering for the last month ,whether to join the Ready to Wear Fast for 2018. What this entails is not purchasing any ready to wear clothes, except shoes and underwear for 2018 and sewing your own clothes. Since I have a huge collection of patterns, fabrics sitting in storage here, just maybe this is the Shove I need to start using my sewing talents again for clothes making. I remember when I sewed all of the children's wear, until it was deemed no longer trendy, ( I do remember making a very suitable Debutante dress though) and so many years of Dance Concert costumes. It might cut into my quilting arts time, but having a wardrobe of clothes already, I think I might manage it, though working professionally and renovating an old queenslander may mean I won't be  overly prolific but maybe one item a month as a goal might be ok to start with. I have until the 31st December to sign up.
Speaking of December here is another Work in Progress on the Quilting Arts Words. This one is Joyful. A word that I always associate with Christmas. I love the figure ground confusion which is happening in this one.




 Speaking about Christmas/New Year, since I am working and our youngest daughter is also on shift for Christmas Day/Boxing Day our family had a Christmas Get together with the grandchildren this week. Sleeping arrangements have had to change as the kids have got older, I found this day bed for sale in Kingaroy. Fits nicely under our lounge room window at the front of the house. I even think I might be tempted for a few snoozes on it. Worked well when they visited, so am very happy with it. Not sure why everyone thinks that soon there will be a pile of quilts on it.



 This photo looks like an interesting modern day Stonehenge. It is actually a collection of wooden stumps for a relocateable house. The grazing paddock is currently a building site for the next generation of graziers to live in. The house was built off site and moved on last week and is currently being plumbed, wired and the deck attached. Hopefully finished by end of January. Busy times for all of us.



I seem to work best to a deadline for my sewing pursuits, so set one for the spare bedroom door renovation. I wanted it finished so my daughter could sleep with a door on the spare room. We hung it back up the day before they arrived to visit.


Now, the next one is lined up waiting. This is our bedroom door. 
With all of these activities, I have fallen off the WAP wagon. Think it will have to wait until 2018. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and what new challenges are you setting yourself?




1 comment:

Narelle said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year xx