Sunday, November 26, 2017

Quilting Arts Group equals Weekly Art Project

Weekly Art Project is an attempt to make creating art a habit. Having to catch up on the word challenges for Quilting Arts before the end of the year is my new self imposed deadline.  Having  a few larger projects to do in 2018 and some new commitments I think my time should be spent wisely now.

This is WAP 2 called Phenomenon.  It is all stitched, quilted. The inner rectangles are both the same measurements, a phenomenon for 2 reasons, a) it is finished and b) the visual perceptions that the rectangles differ in size. Value is the important art property at play in this piece.

This is WAP 3 in progress. It is finished but you will have to wait for a photo as I am currently unable to post one here.


I have also been selecting colours, fabrics etc for WAP 4. More to be revealed later for this one. It does have some advantages to work in 10"x8" size but scaling things down can sometime be difficult too.

Meanwhile the house reno's are still creeping along. I decided that hopefully the grandchildren may visit in the weeks before Christmas. Last time they visited the spare bedroom door ( and our bedroom door) were still missing in action ( on the veranda waiting to be cut down to fit after the floor renovations) and the light shining in at night was a bit annoying with no door, so the goal is to cut, strip, sand, repaint and rehang the door before they come.

The work has started. The paint had crackled, I would like to know what the primer was that was used originally. A long way to go, I don't need reminding there are 2 sides to a door. I also have 2 doors to do. 




When I scraped this back, there was a name scratched in the paintwork that was not visible before this. The people that built the Ivanhoe house were named Scott ( we think) so what link to this door does this name has, is something we will probably never know.


No comments: