Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Some progress

Back again with some photos of my progress on my triad. This is 4 strata units. I have since pulled off the yellow/red strips attached to the purple set. My adviser said he quite liked the yellow orange but I felt it had to go. I wish the unsewing would happen as easily as the sewing. Would help if I could find the quick un pick.


Here it is with the 5th strata set added. In this photo I still have not replaced the yellow/orange strips. I think I have also moved the blue line over one row to draw the eye in a different direction since this pic was taken. Might make one more set yet and have put it aside until next week for patchwork day. I have also decided I don't really like the watermelon strip set so it might only be used as a fill in on the edges yet.


Here's where I've got to. Back to the veranda. This is the first panel on the right hand side of the front steps. I finished sanding it ready for painting. I will now start on the longer posts and cross beams at the top. Used the angle grinder dics, the heat gun and the sander to shift some of the stubborn stuff.


This is the last panel on the RHS of the steps. Look closesly at the top rail and you can see how much of the rail was rotted. This one will eventually be replaced as it is far too whoopy to keep.
Hopefully after the beginning of December all this side will be painted. Have not decided on a colour for the top rail yet. In the background you can see where Craig has thinned the tree line a bit.

Off to wash a few more walls inside as it has to be finished painting before a cabinet maker revisits us in December also. Then I may finally be able to store some stuff that currently is homeless and a sewing area may happen.


1 comment:

Kerry said...

Looks a bit too complicated for me, very pretty though. See you next week!!