Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sewing Again BUT still painting

Doesn't this look different. One coat of undercoat that took 2 hrs to paint after a few DAYS of sanding. Good news today before the rain was supposed to start I managed to get these 2 panels topcoated with one coat. I even got the top half of the stairs done before I decided not to push my luck with the rain too far.
The other good news is I am off to Coolwaters to teach kaleidoscopes and hollow boxes in January. So out of necessity I have sewed something. I went to patchwork in Mt Perry yesterday and caught up with the girls and actually sewed these three boxes. I have even finished the draft of the requirements list for the convenor and sent it off to her. The wonders of modern technology , I feel sorry for the generation who missed out on learning to use these things. Mind you my dad is giving it a very good go, but it certainly raises his frustration levels at times and involves some long phone conversations to me to try to make his computer work.


Think I might make a collection of these in blue to make a table topper for our dining table in its new blue/white abode. Am off to Sunshine Coast next week to be a cook and washer upper for the Uni student. Maybe when she is busy studying I can hit the shops. Hopefully her knowledge of anatomy and physiology will surpass mine by the end of the week. She starts prac at the end of November so please don't require an ambulance near Buderim as I certainly don't want her to see you there.

No comments: