Saturday, November 13, 2010

Back at Work, Sewing and Tutoring

I must be thankful for the varied life I lead. In the past week I have been working at the day job, a tourist travelling on the new roadwork parts of the Bruce Highway, an Anatomy tutor for the uni student, back to reality doing some housework and laundry, an accounts keeper for the grazier, bull dozing supervisor ( really just a sightseer) did help plant some pangola pasture, and back to work though this time being the night shift person for 2 nights. In amongst all of that I also did manage to draw some patterns for the workshop in EQ7 ( that was certainly a STEEP learning curve but pleased I took the time to play) and have started sewing some more samples. They are along the lines of strips n curves but using a 60 triangle, quite interesting. Not sure where it will lead though. here is a basic hexagon formed from 3 strata sets.
.
The only thing housey I achieved this week was to replenish my supplies of sanding discs and paint brushes and paint. All is looking good for 2 weeks of cleaning and sanding soon when I take a bit of rec leave from work. Then hopefully the painter friend turns up ready and able to spend 2 days working hard. Must head off to work soon for another night of urgent routine work. I really wonder sometime why the public patients of Bundaberg get their pathology work done so prompt when sometimes private patients can't even be seen by their private doctor for sometimes quite lengthy delays. Of course I have to deal with traumas but thank goodness they don't happen all of the time.Catch you next time.

No comments: