Friday, October 23, 2020

Back to Learning, Preparations for an Exhibition

 I have been busy working on preparations for my upcoming exhibition in the Wondai Regional Art Gallery. Hanging Up day is Mon November 2nd, 2020. I have been busy cataloging and checking all things are ready.

Working out which pieces to put in, how much available space is there has been difficult but I think I have it sorted.One of the hardest things is working out if I want to sell a piece and how much to ask. I try to quell the will anybody want to buy any of my pieces. On past experience , there will probably be no one wanting to buy, but the experience will be worth it and also a learning experience.

I have also been doing an Online Module with Lisa Call - Finding Meaning in your Art/Finding Your Voice. This is certainly worth the time and effort. It was sheer luck that the course was offered when I had taken time off from work to prepare for the Exhibition. It is hard work but so worth it. It has tasked me with looking into my past, present and where I want to go. It has also given me a deeper understanding about art. Writing Artist's statements, and formal analysis of a piece of artwork is fascinating.

Life is pretty busy, we have had a start to the rain, getting a gentle storm with 31mm rain so the pressure from the drought is eased. Waiting for our State Election to finish and the political garbage on our Main Stream Media ending will be good. Hopefully I can get a few photos of the Opening Night at Wondai for you.

No comments: