Monday, September 28, 2020

A Long Absence

 Well it's been quite awhile since I last found time to visit  this blog. 2020 has been quite a year and its not over yet. We were so lucky to get our trip to NZ in before borders were closed and the airlines ceased flying on many routes. In my last post in May, I mentioned the spaniel's Mum ie. our youngest daughter. She flew out to Sri Lanka and India in early March. She managed to visit Sri Lanka but her travel visa for India was cancelled 2 days before she was due to fly there. After some long phone calls she managed to get bumped off one flight from Sri Lanka to Singapore, rerouted via Bangladesh/Malayasia to Brisbane and finally landed safely back in Qld early one Friday morning 2 weeks after she left and 2 weeks before she was due back at work. She dutifully self quarantined fro those 2 weeks. She has spent the months since, dreaming of going back. 

Sars-coV-2 has certainly rocked humanity. Whether you fear the virus, or the unkown facts about the virus, the effect on humans has been immense. So much angst, is sometimes hard to understand. I know its taken a toll on everybody in some way. As a medical scientist I have spent quite a while each shift setting up tests and processing results whilst still doing all this with no extra staff, so imagine the stress we work with. I am quite sure that some of the limited information about this virus is incorrect and the main stream media in the world is not telling us all of the truth. What can a single person do? I don't know the answer to that. 

I do know that for most people in Qld, life has continued with some changes to our habits. I have been sewing a few art quilts. I have a solo exhibition coming up in Wondai Art Gallery, so have been busy organising a few things. These are some of the images of my work that will be included.




I spent some time, relearning how to use photoshop elements. to edit these photos.

During the various restrictions placed on us during this pandemic, Bindy and I attended an alcohol ink workshop at Vend Marketplace in Brisbane in July. I am pleased to say, she now has a hobby which is good for de stressing after her long shifts at work. I am pleased to say I think I might stay with the quilting for my de stress.

I have since bought more pieces of Yupo paper for her. I will try to get photos of some of her pieces so I can show you them.

Apart from the virus pandemic, life has been relatively normal for me. Some of our family members have not been so lucky. Shows have been cancelled affecting lots in the community. Hopefully the pandemic lessens soon, before the country goes broke.

Till next time, 

I will try to post a bit more often.

No comments: