Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 2018 Update



Some notes of progress, none on the regularity of blog posts however. I have been steadily working on the Kingaroy Gallery Winterfestival projects for completion by May 30th. I am pleased to report that my 7 small pieces were finished 3 days ago and the 2 large ones were finished before them. Wonder was the last one on the list. This is a work in progress photo and then the completed article. This is 2 quilted layers. I will refine the process and use this for my remnant pieces. Remnant is the next word project for Tangled Threads Group. I am thinking Remnant Native Vegetation are very important words today. We live in Queensland and the current Government has proceeded to drive farmers and graziers to the brink of rebellion, despair and possibly suicides with their unfair remnant vegetation laws. These laws do not apply to developers who can knock down as many trees as they like for urban sprawl, yet they are prepared to threaten farmers who just want to be able to survive. I digress but this piece is my Wonder- Reef. It is for sale in the Gallery from Saturday onwards. Hoping it goes to a new home.


I also have made Inset 1, which had to be a certain size and include metal .It is not the best photo, Ipad photos are letting me down. I must save for a new camera. The metal frame inside the Inset pieces are copper shielding foil used with electric guitars. It is stitched down and I really like this piece. The colours of our daily landscape.


The next large piece included in our brief was Visibility. This is my abstract drone view of the street in a town. We need good visibility for safe driving. I really like the shimmering effect but the size requirement was a bit too long for my liking. 

 This piece I have shown before, was added to the Exhibition in case we had some blank space left over.
  I have still been following the RTW FAST 2018. I have not purchased any ready made clothes.
I have found a good Scrubs Pattern for some new work clothes. Picked up this batik fabric, ( not very good quality though) from a store in Rockhampton last week. Will need a few minor adjustments for the next one.

I had started making this Burda skirt a few months back. I can't find the pattern at present so can't give you the number, but it is great to wear. A stretch cotton from Spotlight so am hoping it will withstand a few washes.

 Once again, a busy schedule, just keeping up with everything. Till next time, I hope to be able to show progress photos more often.








No comments: