Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Electrician's visit

He may have been 5 days late in arriving, but he certainly got in and finished numerous small tasks for me. The small light above the sink has been installed. He pulled a 6 foot snake skin down from the ceiling cavity after installing the light. We knew the skin was there since 2007 so no panic buttons were pushed. This is the view from the floor looking upwards.


Here is a view of the kitchen area with the hot plate pulled out and for a temporary fix, I have a board from an old cupboard filling in the space. The microwave is now sitting on top of that. 2 new sets of power points at the end above the tiles means no more leads and power boards running across benches. The different amperage power point for the hot plate was moved over to the stove area. So guess what, MY STOVE IS FUNCTIONING albeit without the GAS.
I have temporarily moved the hot plate over nearby so we can use either the oven or the electric hot plate. I am off to BBQ's galore to source a regulator to fit so we can maybe use a small gas bottle if the switching over of the hot plate/oven annoys us. We are waiting to get the plumber/gasfitter when we install the shower.



Just to show you it is indeed on and working, I am cooking afternoon tea. Care to join me for some oven baked goodies ( the first out of this kitchen in 3.5 years) . Alas now I have to go shopping for some Christmas Baking stuff.
I think we are now nearly ready for Archie's return. But first there is some mustering for Craig to do and some paid work for me. It took me a little longer to get home last Sunday morning, but I was pleased I left Bundaberg at 7am. Mind you I was pretty darned tired when I did eventually get home. I had to try 3 different ways to get past 1 flooded causeway near Hivesville. Belinda got through it in the X Trail but my car was just too low and I certainly didn't want to flood it.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Lookin good Ruth!

Narelle said...

Let me know when you're baking next and I'll see if I'm free. :)
We got stuck out coming home from Gatton on Sunday, eventually found a track in.