Friday, October 31, 2008

Class Planning






Wow , does anyone really know how much preparation time is involved in designing a workshop. Now I understand why some tutors like teaching the same thing MANY TIMES.



I have finished the Art Banners for Gin Gin. The participants did some really lovely work.


So now I have been playing with my hand dyed fabrics and this time because I do not want to provide kits as you can never please everybody, I have incorporated using bright prints as well.


The first view is of a small table runner using a simple block with a coordinating strip of hand dyed fabric. Pretty simple to begin with.

The next view is Jungle Jazz where I have mixed shades of green into the simple block.

The last view is all hand dyed fabric. These are the first in my class samples. I intend to cover 4 areas in 2 days. Simple straight insertions, foundation piecing, curved blocks and improvisational piecing. Table runners are the items we will be playing with.

Well, back to the sewing machine.

No comments: