Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another Blogging Break

Yes I know it has been nearly a month. Sometimes I would like to know how the days just speed by. A lot of the time I spend sleeping during the day. My work roster involves working at night and the lasting fatigue from those efforts requires a few days of rest and relaxation.


I have been planning our QCWA workshop for Jan 09 as well as working on a banner project for Gin Gin and District Fine Arts Society. I am conducting an applique workshop on October 23 and 24 to make a 2m x 90cm banner depicting something about Gin Gin.


I chose to make mine about the Kolan Swimming Club.


Our family has been involved in the club for approx 10 years. After studying the photo the letters for club could possibly have been a bit more to the right BUT they are stitched in place now. The concentric lines are actually blue with a black line up the middle. The swimmers are easily recognisable ( thank goodness) as swimmers. The bird is the club mascot and their colours are black and white. Not too bad for an amateur at this graphic work.

I will be back with the next projects for QCWA next time. I have to finish one thing at a time these days.

No comments: