Friday, September 7, 2007

Kaliedoscope Quilts at the Gallery

My 2 kaliedoscope quilts are now hanging in the Pat Augustine gallery in Mt. Perry along with the other quilts by the Mt.Perry Quilters. Amazing what setting a deadline does for the reduction of UFO's. The entire group all finished their quilts.It's quite an achievement for such a small town to have an accomplished lot of quilters living nearby. Not one of us actually resides in the town. We are all from rural properties in the area. Shows our dedication to our passion doesn't it.
Yesterday, Thursday I spent doing gallery duty and had the pleasure of speaking about quilts to 5 visitors.

Now that this deadline has passed, I can resume "working " on another project.
I am going to be teaching a workshop on dyeing fabric, using your own hand dyed fabric and free motion quilting for QCWA in January 2008.
I have been working out the program and requirements lists for the class. Wow what a lot of preparation. I still have to fit this in around everything else I "have " to do.

I have been putting together some quilting samplers using small dyed pieces.This is a before piecing photo. The block pieces give me natural borders to experiment with different FMQ motifs. It is simply designed as I believe dyed fabrics work better with simple designs and lots of decorative quilting. I use varied sizes of hand dyed variegated threads for my quilting.
During gallery duty I also managed to cut out a second small quilt using some "ugly" dyed fabric.


No comments: