Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Favourite Quilts

In 2001 I attended my first fabric dyeing workshop. As a result of that new addiction I ended up with a huge pile of dyed fabric to play with. I had been inspired my some quilts made by Judith Larzelere.

Here was a style I felt could use some of my fabric with.

I entered a quilt made in about 4 weeks into the inaugural RNA Quilts Across Queensland with a theme of The Outback being 2002- The Year of The Outback.

I was lucky to receive 2nd prize in the contemporary section.



Since then I have continued exploring this technique. Changing the format, dyed fabric styles and quilting on the surface.

I have been teaching this as a workshop called
Connecting with colour for a few years. I do not have the opportunity to teach much because of work commitments but when I do, I really enjoy it.

No comments: