Monday, February 19, 2024

Back to Blogging

 After a hiatus which has gone on for longer than expected I am back to blogging. Life has been a bit busy. After having 6 months away from my Medical Scientist job, I decided to go back to work in November but not as a continuous shift worker but day shift only and working in Microbiology. This certainly kept me busy as well as running my Batik Fabrics Online store. Due to staffing issues, I am now required to be a continuous shift worker again, working night shifts and unfortunately my body cannot stand up to this, so am now once again taking leave which looks like it will be until I have no more leave to take. This leaves me with mixed feelings about quite a few issues. It will certainly give me more time for Batik Fabrics Online so am looking forward to developing it further if the current economic outlook lets me.  Batik Fabrics Online — Arrivals in Store   is where you can find my store. I have been busy adding new fabrics ordered 6 months ago. I am also in the process of setting up a blog for Batik Fabrics Online and have now added a pinterest account as well. 

Currently I am in the WIRE program learning how to use ChatGPT in your business amongst other resources hoping this helps me become more resilient and can understand and use IT tools more effectively.

 My own personal art journey has also slowed so am certainly looking forward to getting back on track with it. I have been working for months now on a piece for Tangled Threads upcoming exhibition in Wondai Gallery this year.  Friday 23 February sees our Alchemy exhibit open in Chinchilla Gallery so I might pop along to have a look. 

Family wise, we had a quiet Christmas, sharing the day with our 2 daughters, son in law and grandkids up at Agnes Water where they were holidaying for a week. Back through Bundaberg we stopped off for a family Boxing Day lunch where we had Dad and his siblings together for quite likely their last formal lunch together. He has since been moved into care as he can no longer live by himself even with daily visits from the nurses. This has been a struggle for us all, but it is improving.

Farm wise, it was getting pretty desperate during October with some stock losses (mainly due to dam bogging even though we have troughed most of Ivanhoe) and cows dying during calving so it was a huge relief to see the rain arrive late November. Our federal government needs throwing out of office for not removing the people in charge of our BOM Bureau of Meterology ( Manure) as it is nicknamed. These people do not know how to do weather forecasts and caused cattle prices to slump with their forecast of a severe el nino which didn't eventuate. We get more accurate long range predictions from AV Weather. We have used his knowledge for years now but we cannot control the cattle market when BOM gives out inaccurate information using computer models instead of doing correct data analysis of actual conditions. 

I have included some photos of batik fabrics to show you the wide range of styles that batiks can be. 






I have also done some hand dyeing of fabric, I did a short online course with Jane Dunnewold last October and now am nearly ready to do more. I have bought a gelli plate and am waiting for some paints to arrive so am hoping to soon have some fabrics coloured by me ready to use, either in my store or in my art projects, September is creeping up fast, will keep you informed of any progress.

No comments: