Sunday, July 31, 2022

Winter Art

 Our local Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery holds a Winter Craft Festival each year during June and July. As mentioned in my previous post, I was busy working towards this earlier this year. I sold 6 pieces of work, managing to speak with 2 of the buyers whilst I was present in the Gallery. One buyer purchased 3 pieces, I am blown away with that, and am happy that someone else obviously liked my work enough to purchase it, but also am surmising that they enjoyed their experiences when walking into the gallery to see all of the pieces there.





This piece is Tracks- Mundubbera, an abstract landscape of the rows of ripe citrus you can see from the southern entrance to the town Mundubbera. 

This piece is Tracks- Pt Vernon, the beach where I spent my childhood holidays. Both of these pieces now have a new home. Thank you to the buyer, I hope you are enjoying your purchases.

This small piece- Anthills 1, sold on the opening night, where I had a good conversation with the buyer about this piece and also my artwork. Wonderful to be able to speak with a buyer.

June rolled into July, my exhibition came down, and the Tangled Threads Group's work went up. I had 2 pieces in there based on the theme  Alchemy.  I have shown photos of my main piece previously as this exhibit was delayed due to covid lockdowns. Last year we had The Road Untravelled in Kingaroy ( a year late).

Art wise, this year I have continued on with the Incubator and Mastermind program. I keep promising that I will blog more often but life, weather seems to interfere. I have been attempting to learn more photography skills but still there is room for improvement. My goal is to have a decent photo of each piece in my records.

I started a new piece, a few weeks ago. A geological landscape, using organza in a different way.


One more month of winter for us, I have 2 new themes to work with for Tangled Threads next year. Spring always seems an inspirational season for me, so hopefully the ideas get a chance to happen. Over winter, for the house renovations I have been preparing for painting our bathroom. Patience with dodging round the yellow platform in the middle of the room is wearing a bit thin for the other household occupant, so maybe by Christmas, it might be out of the way.  Will post a photo when it is completed, by then I might have made more art too! Will keep you all informed.

No comments: