Thursday, June 17, 2021

Tales of Autumn, and Processes.

Autumn visited us briefly, then winter struck and finally the Chinese Pistachio rewarded us with this display. 

The coldest morning so far this winter, I visited the Lapunyah Gallery in Chinchilla to see our Tangled Threads Exhibition. Blue Flag and 


PMAV Prison were on display in my corner along with 5 other pieces.

Some progress photos of a new series called Coral Anthills I have been trying to find studio time for.


Decisions about quilting, underlays, orientation. This is called designing as you go 101. Turning vague ideas into reality can give you a few headaches besides the one, post Covid-19 vaccination. 

Think this is final, not unstitching  it. New camera seems to be functioning ok, so many buttons to press. So much to learn.

Desert Roads somewhere near a Wadi, is ready for exhibiting in Kingaroy Art Gallery from June 29 until July end.

As is Firestorm- Which Way?

I have rewritten the artist's statement for each piece. Am now including that in my label on the back.
The challenge theme for Tangled Threads was  Wood. I interpreted it as "how on earth are you supposed to include wood in a quilted piece" I have seen embroidery using twigs, I could have said " the rod is wood" but I decided to use some hand dyed fabrics and the colour connects strip piecing. A different orientation, no alternate set ( 2 sets the same) and a loose flange or three . The idea being a pile of milled timber ready to use for building a timber home.

Home--- where I have been trying to find time to finish what I started at the beginning of autumn.
Sanded, primed, waiting for undercoat. I used Feast Watson Timber Primer to try to make the paint last longer. 
 Undercoated, filled and now waiting for 2 top coats of paint. Think my hair got some as well when painting the bottom rail.

Next--- finish the 4th piece for Kingaroy Gallery, finish my Incubator and Mastermind 6 month program, work on new work  and work on more veranda panels ( 2 waiting for sanding to be completed). Next update, well I will try to have two in Winter, I need to be accountable to someone, may as well be me.
 




 

No comments: