Monday, September 15, 2014

Welcome to Spring Painting

Spring is certainly the time for painting, no westerly winds to blow you off a ladder.
 I mentioned that I was considering painting under the window hood the dark grey colour. I had second thoughts after looking from the inside out and painted them white instead.
 
A view of both window hoods and sills finished. There are no fascia boards below the guttering here so a decision will be made one day to decide if painting the guttering is a good or bad idea.
 The next project in line is to finish paint removal on the laundry building. I have to wait for the purchase of very high trestles  for the rest of the house. It is 16 feet to the height of the guttering on this side of the house but I can manage the laundry building. That window hood will eventually look like the others.
This was one mornings work a few weeks ago, now that my ladders have been returned I can get to work.
A very sad state awaits on the western wall, I have decided to replace these boards and door with all weather boards as that door never gets used.
 

 In the last few days I have finished paint removal, sanded, undercoated and one top coat. This will be finished today.
In other news, my quilts made it safely to Adelaide for the Quilt Show. Thank you Australia Post.
Not long to go before Patty, Lisa, Liz and I fly out to attend the AMQF and Show.
The special shopping trip to Rocky, resulted in success, so all is nearly ready for the big occasion on September 20th. Will be good to catch up with the family. We will be missing Bryan however as his job prevents him from attending but he did have fun at the Boys Night Out 2 weekends ago.



No comments: