Monday, February 18, 2008

More Rain for North Queensland

We have been fortunate to not receive the amounts of rain that other parts of Qld have received. My niece survived the floods at Emerald a few weeks ago. My brother and his family live in Mackay but were lucky to not be flooded in the DELUGE that happened over the weekend. The rain gauge would have been useless that night so luckily my sister in law left the wheelie bin out to be the real rain gauge. It was half full of water. They have never seen so much water fall out of the sky in such a short time. I don't think many Aussies have seen that type of rain before.
Mt Perry could do with some more rain but not quite now. We have 2 tractors still bogged in the pasture waiting for a dry spell so we can drive them out.
Today is tidying up the sewing table day and then maybe some new sewing might eventuate. I have been finishing off the binding on my queen sized log cabin quilt for the farmhouse at Proston.
I have been asked to teach "contemporary piecing" for Yeppoon CWA workshops next year. Is there really a definition of what is contemporary piecing ? I feel this needs a lot of research. Fusing, cutting random strips without a ruler, curved piecing, convergence quilts, using hand dyed fabrics is it contemporary enough. I have already taught them a workshop using my connector technique. I think I might go down the strips and curving them path with this one. Sounds like a challenge doesn't it? More reading and research to be done.

No comments: