Friday, November 2, 2007

Colour Connecting Workshop


I am teaching a Connecting with Colour Workshop in Bundaberg for my group The Bundaberg Quilters. I had hoped to have my quilt back from The Australian Quilt Show but this was not to be. Luckily I had some strips left over when making this quilt. They are still actually pinned to my de facto design wall, so I can take this as a demonstration model. I will have my collection of connector quilts anyway to hopefully inspire them.
I have been playing around with the dye pots again for the first time in 2 years. I have organised myself this time and have faithfully recorded all the dyes used, what amounts of dye and have made a laminated colour chart from all pieces. I will repeat this again with another 2 dyes of each primary colour. I seem to like 4 dyes of each red, yellow and blue.
I really felt like I had reached "home" when I was out measuring dye in cups on the verandah last week. It's been 2 years since I last had a really long dyeing stint. Now the challenge will be on to USE the fabric again.

No comments: